This is the 12th post in our monthly Meet Our Team Spotlight Series where we introduce you to some of DME’s employees. Read our last interview with Hope Lee, Retail Fulfillment Processor, here. Thank you for reading Meet Our Team!
The spotlight this month is on Albert, who has been a vital part of DME for many years. His experience spans across many departments and is willing to jump in and help at a moments notice. Here’s what he had to say when we talked to him:
1. What is your job here at DME?
Currently I am in the Product Configuration department. We take client supplied artwork and transform them into customizable templates to be placed on eCommerce websites. In being here at DME for nearly 10 years, I have been in many other departments such as Laser room, Retail, Web Service, Creative Programming, Fulfillment and Print Services.
2. What do you enjoy most about your role? What is the most challenging?
Since most of our client have custom requests, it is gratifying to see the end product. Since most our work is custom, it is always a challenge to find new techniques to get all of our internal systems to work well together.
3. When you’re not hard at work, what do you do in your free time?
Recently I have chosen to go back to college and get my degree in Computer Technology, so my free time is all about studying these days.
4. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Why?
Ever since I can remember my favorite color has been orange. It doesn’t go with everything and I don’t have any clothes with it, but I still like it.
5. If you were a super hero what would your powers be?
My super secret power is my smoldering stare. I have been working on it for years. Unfortunately, it has only worked once.
6. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
The wild west has always been favorite of mine. One of these days I might even take a vacation at a dude ranch.
7. What three items would you take with you to a deserted island?
A magnifying glass, a knife(Gibbs rule #9) and a fishing pole. All kind of practical but that’s who I am.
8. What makes you laugh the most?
When a person trips over themselves and try to play it off.
9. Do you collect anything?
At one point I was trying to collect all the state quarters. Still missing a few.
10. What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
I had to opportunity to go to Korea and had ‘Mulgogi’ and thought it was great. When I came back and asked a friend, he said it was just fish.
11. What’s your favorite family tradition?
Opening gifts on Christmas morning!
12. What celebrity would you like to meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee?
13. What’s your favorite type of food?
Lengua made by my Mom.